Monday 13 July 2009

Ryuohzaki Point

Today I went to what felt like the edge of the world. I began the day simply trying to find some breakfast but gave up after about an hour of driving around and going into random shops. The problem is the lack of signs on buildings here. A house and a restaurant look exactly alike and there are rarely any signs on any of the buildings to let you know if you are walking into a church or a bar. Of course, there could be giant signs everywhere labeling each and every building and I would still have no idea where I was going. Anyway, after giving up on breakfast I headed south and drove until the island literally ended at this huge cliff. For some reason I decided that it would be a good idea to climb over the fence to get a better look - bad idea. Naturally I slipped and fell and skidded a few feet toward the edge... after a mini-panic attack, I managed to set up the camera for a traditional Asian photo complete with the peace sign!

1 comment: